1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans (drained)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chile peppers
8 ounces sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 (6 inch) corn tortillas
1 (10 oz.) can enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup salsa
1 (1.25 oz.) package taco seasoning
1. In a large skillet mix together ground beef, onion, chili powder, cumin and taco seasoning. Cook until onion begins to turn translucent.
2. Stir in drained pinto beans, salsa and undrained green chili peppers and set aside.
3. In a bowl combine sour cream, flour and garlic powder. Stir.
4. Lightly grease a rectangular baking dish and layer the bottom with 4 tortillas. Top with half of the meat mixture, half of the sour cream mixture and half the enchilada sauce, then repeat the layers.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (120 degrees C) and cover the baking dish with foil. Bake in pre-heated oven for 35 minutes or until the casserole is bubbling, then remove the foil, sprinkle the shredded cheese over the top and bake for 5 more minutes.
recipe adapted from~www.homerunmeals.com